Saturday, December 5, 2009

What can I do to protect my clothes from Benzoyl Peroxide?

Benzoyl Peroxide is the only thing I've found that is effective in treating my acne... but it is also a bleaching agent that bleaches some of my clothes! It doesn't matter how careful I am to keep my clothes away from it, if I use it, it finds its way to the clothes I'm wearing.





Is there anything I can do to protect my clothes from it? Some sort of pre-treatment? Or is there a way I can know which clothes Benzoyl Peroxide will bleach and which it won't? (I've found that it doesn't bleach everything-- not my hair, for instance.)What can I do to protect my clothes from Benzoyl Peroxide?
I had the same problem a few years ago. But, it was my roommate that was using something containing benzoyl peroxide, not me. She had been using this product for a while, so of course she knew the damage it could cause to colored fabrics. So, she used my towels instead of her own! Unfortunately if the color has been bleached out by the benzoyl peroxide, there isn't anything you can do fix it. To protect your fabrics, there also isn't anything you can do. Natural fabrics such as cotton, absorb and react with benzoyl peroxide more than synthetic fabrics. You can avoid getting any on your clothes by waiting until your skin is completely dry before dressing. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans