Friday, December 11, 2009

How can I lessen the side effects of benzoyl peroxide?

I started using BP 5% gel a couple days ago and I'm having lots of itchiness and redness. How can I lessen these side effects?How can I lessen the side effects of benzoyl peroxide?
MOISTURIZE MOISTURIZE MOISTURIZE with a non-comedogenic moisturizer (Cetaphil works REALLY well) after you use it. It doesn't make your skin any more acne-prone.





Also make sure your face is clean with a cleanser before you put it on.





Check out http://acne.org/ to learn all about acne and benzoyl peroxide.How can I lessen the side effects of benzoyl peroxide?
take a break for a few days. it takes time for your skin to adjust to new chemicals. trying skipping a few days then only use it as your skin can tolerate it without the irritation
You can either use less often, or find some other cream containing a lower concentration.
Try a 2.5%, ask for a water based BP or try every other day. If that doesn't help talk with your doctor. Remembe less is more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans