Sunday, December 13, 2009

Benzoyl Peroxide?

I had amild acne problem, but then my doctor prescribed me Benzooyl Peroxide 5% Wash. I've been using it for at least 2 monthes and my acne has cleared up. How long do I have to keep using this? My prescription only lasts until next year. Do you think I should use something else like salicylic acid?Benzoyl Peroxide?
I used that for 2 years when I was a teenager.





Usually your skin clears up (for women) when you are around 16-18 because there are less hormones and you should be taking better care of your skin as you age.





You can get another prescription, I still have a tube of it in case I get a break-out at that time of month.





It's entirely up to you how long you want to use it for, you should keep applying it everyday, but after a while it does dry out the skin (a lot) so be aware of that. Like me, you could just apply some when you feel a spot about to come up.Benzoyl Peroxide?
If the benzoyl peroxide is working for you, keep using it! Unlike other antiobiotic topicals for acne, your skin will not develop a resistance to benzoyl peroxide, so you can use it however long you need to. If your skin gets too dry (common BP side effect), just use a good moisturizer like Cetaphil.
I went to a doctor but it wasnt about my face it was about my skin because I have a really bad allergies and then he saw my face full of pimples then he recommended me something that was liquid!! It really work but It just cured some people and then come backs another!! But U should try using the cream that the doctor told u to use!! It is better to go to where is a doctor than using cream from the pharmacy!!! I tell u this because I had use cream like neutrogena and It didnt work so good for me!!! Anyway follow the doctor!!
no!!!! use what the doctor gave you and told you to do. My doctor gave me this special cream and my skin wasnt getting better, so i started going twice a day then my skin got worse. If the perscription lasts until next year, it will probably go away by then. if not, go back to the doctor and tell him/her what happened.
  • skin care
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    military loans