Friday, December 11, 2009

Should you moisturize after using benzoyl peroxide?

I have breakouts alll over my face. I am using Benzagel 5. I only use it before i go to bed.It seems to be getting a little better. On the other hand, it dries out my skin sooo much! Should I moisturize before bed?or just leave it dry overnight? What is best for me? Would coca butter or St. Ives be okay on it? Hellppp!Should you moisturize after using benzoyl peroxide?
no dont use cocoa butter use something lighterShould you moisturize after using benzoyl peroxide?
do NOT use cocoa butter or st. ives... those are for the body, not the face... I used to have this same exact problem, and i am now acne free... DO NOT USE ANY OLD MOISTURIZER... use one with salycic acid (another type of breakout-fighter).... the best one to use is cheap and easy to find. it gives your skin a tingly, fresh feeling, and it isn't oil at all!!! clean %26amp; clear dual action moisturizer... you can find it EVERYWHERE! cvs, riteaid, shoprite, etc... here is a link...





http://www.cleanandclear.com/productDetail.do?productid=52%26amp;productpos=0
um tough one to answer. but remember over drying also causes breakouts. now. yes you should be moisturizing at some point may be morning instead of night so your skin could breathe. you should look into an oil free moisturizer and one that contains an spf if your usuing benzoyl peroxide. i use nutragena oil free spf 15 $7.... now i know that i need more moisture but non oil free clog my pores horribly so my solution. I apply to thin coats, allow the first to dry.
It's highly recommended to use moisturizer when using benzoyl peroxide, since as you found out, the product dries skin.





I can't tell what's the best moisturizer for you, since every skin is different. If you have a brand you use without any issue, it would be fine.





I hope your skin becomes clear!
Use an oil free moisturizer. I live in VT and during the winter month my skin get horribly dry, even then I break out. Thinking it was the medication making my skin so dry. Turns out all I needed was a good humidfier in my room. So keep that in mind if you live in an area like mine.
Yes, start moisturizing. I used to use Proactive (which has benzoyl peroxide) and it used to dry out my skin a lot so I had to apply lotion after every use of Proactive. Cocoa butter should be good enough too.
I agree with joely... I use proactiv too but dries my skin especially on top of my nose... I also use coco butter before and use just a very lil amt.. Now I used ponds face moisturizer after use... Mostly I put it only on parts which gets obviously dry...

1 comment:

  1. can anyone pls help me, ive using benzagel for 2 years now (roughly) and my acne and pimples are still here. i wanna try different stuff but my mom says "just keep using it" so i don't got a choice this is what i do

    Wash my face with Cetaphil cleanser then i pat my face, put on the acne gel ( i wait until it drys) and put on my cetaphil moisturizing cream. anything i can do to make this better or any tips?

    ReplyDelete

 
military loans