Friday, December 11, 2009

What is the diffeence between Salicyclic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide when it comes to skin care?

Is one slated more towards a specific skin type? Is one more powerful than the other?What is the diffeence between Salicyclic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide when it comes to skin care?
They are two different treatments for acne, or acne-prone skin... but you already knew that. I could write a novel here, or send you to a really good article that will help explain it for you, so, I'm opting for the latter:


http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0鈥?/a>





Hope this is helpfulWhat is the diffeence between Salicyclic Acid and Benzoyl Peroxide when it comes to skin care?
The products you are using, are they salycic acid or benzolyl peroxide? BP can be VERY drying. I personally like SA better. Almost all washes have it. They try finding a face lotion with it in it. Clean and clear has a good moisturizer with SA and it helps keep pimples at bay. Personally, I use Biore products (which you get over the counter. Their products range from $5-$10). They are harsh on pimples, but not on your face. I think you will just need to experiment with products until you find what works for you. Remember, it can take 1 month for products to fully begin working! I have been using Biore products for over a year and I hardly ever break out! Occasionally I will get one or two, but nothing bad. For body acne I use Neutrogena acne body wash I never break out on my body. It gets 110 in summer so sweat in inevitably, yet I never break out. Give it a try. All of it is cheap too. About $5-10 depending on what you buy! Salysic acid it really good. It is in almost all acne washes. Benzoyl Peroxide is too drying fo rme! Good luck!
Benzoyl Peroxide will bleach your clothes, hair, towels etc. Do you really want to be putting something that harmful on your face?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans