Friday, December 11, 2009

Does any know any acne medicine without salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide?

I found out that i am allergic to salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide so i am trying to find an over the counter product. I do not want to go to a dermatologist becuase my acne is not that bad. If anybody can help, please it will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.Does any know any acne medicine without salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide?
Allergies are tricky, so please research any of the products I recommend to confirm there are no ingredients that you are sensitive to.


Burt's Bees makes a blemish stick that contains willow bark, which is nature's version of salicylic acid. I'm not sure if this would be a problem for you. http://www.burtsbees.com/webapp/wcs/stor鈥?/a>


Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask can be applied as a mask and a spot treatment. http://www.drugstore.com/qxp79218_332828鈥?/a>


Clearasil Adult Acne Control appears not to contain salicyclic acid or benzoyl peroxide, but clears with Resorcinol/Sulfur. http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a鈥?/a>


Also, keep in mind tea tree oil is often used with great success in clearing acne, so look for products containing this ingredient.


Good luck!Does any know any acne medicine without salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide?
I have a sensitivity to both of them, too! In the past, no matter what over-the-counter treatment I used, it had one or the other in them. My face would break out in a huge rash, get red and puffy, and I'd get a kazillion little bumps everywhere.





Believe it or not, the best thing I have tried has been ProActiv. Yes, the active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide. Their ';sensitive skin'; system is made with the other one- salicylic acid.





I don't use the ProActiv exactly as it is recommended, because all the products, all the time, is too harsh for my face.





What works *for me* is to use the cleanser twice a day, and rinse very well. Then, use the toner, let it sit for about 15 seconds, and then rinse it off with plain water. I don't even use the ';repairing lotion'; because that is more benzoyl peroxide. I then use a VERY light moisturizer - either the ProActiv one, or an oil free one (I like Mary Kay, personally).





I was told by the ProActiv customer service that it is very important to follow all three steps exactly- but that made my skin worse for months.





By following the steps as I stated above, I now have the clearest skin I have had in 12 years. I will never quit using this stuff!!!
if you go to walmart or somethng...some face and acne products have those ingredients such as neutrogena and i think proavtic has it too( im using it). i pretty sure some other brands have it in their products also.
I feel your pain. I'm allergic to those things too but I went to the doctor and got perscriptions. I've heard Neutragena in works well (the orange soap).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans