Sunday, December 13, 2009

Benzoyl Peroxide?

I have acne all over my forehead and now its spreading everywhere else.I tried salicylic acid but it just doesnt work.Im thinking about using Benzoyl Peroxide but I am afraid speaking I have very dry sensitive skin and I dont want to make it worse.Should I give it a try and what product should I use?Is it safe to get your eyebrows waxed?I used to use Retin A and I couldnt wax with that.This doesnt bleach your skin does it??Benzoyl Peroxide?
Benzoyl Peroxide is extremely effective when it comes to treating pimples. But be warned your skin MAY become very dry and start flaking. Use a NON-OILY face moisturizer after applying your medication.





Better yet go see your doctor lolBenzoyl Peroxide?
Good advice, thanks! :) Report Abuse

it doesn't bleach your skin, but it will bleach your towels!
no it wont bleach your skin or harm your skin when getting your eyebrows waxed. those are false rumors. it WILL dry out your skin a little at first, but that is too dry up all your pimples and it will only be dry where the pimple was and will only last a couple days with treatment.


there is this great product that you can get at any drug store called Zapzyt. it comes in a small tube and it has 10% Benzoyle Peroxide. I use this every night before i go to bed and i put on ALL over my face (not just on the imperfections!) after a few weeks i was completely acne free and i still am now and i use it every day. also if you have dry flakes on your skin, you skin is not dry. the flakes are there becasue of excess oil produced becasue that part of your face works the most. just use a scrub, like st. ives peach scrub twice a day and use a mosterizer, like clean and clear morning burst in the morning.


also remember to drink 8 glasses of water a day (it cleanses your whole body, including your face) and eat healthy and exercise daily.


if you do all this you will see amazing results.
i just started using witches' hazel (peroxide) on my nose and the sides. i have blackheads there and i really see an improvement. the bad side is that peroxide smells really bad! my friend and i were gagging after i showed her it.





i dont have acne but every now and then i have zits. my skin is normal/little dry. i still wax my eyebrows and its fine.





if you wear bronzer, stop. it really makes you break out. and any other makeup that you use on your face that clogs your pores.





try proactiv or clearasil.





a good habit to get into is:


- take a shower at night and wash your face with the dove beauty bar (get the one for sensitive skin)


- before you go to bed, when your face is dry (pat it dry if not), clean your face with clearasil acne control cleansing pads.


- when your done cleaning your face with that, use the clearasil vanishing cream





you should see an improvement when you wake up





also, so far i haven't seen any bleaching with the peroxide. to use for bleach you have to leave it on for a while. i have used bleach to cleach my upper lip and it didn't change my skin color so peroxide wouldn't either.
My brother has chronic Acne and his dermo told him to use dial soap and a clean and clear gel persa gel.


then use an oil free face lotion.
Probably one of the best ways to get rid of it, but since you have sensitive skin I would recomend consulting your doctor before you use it, and maybe see if (s)he can recomend any other options.
i use the acne free it kit, they sell it at walmart for 18 dollars ( i think ), i also have sensitive and dry skin. when my skin gets dry i put jergens lotion on it
AND DO YOU KNOW WHY ITS SPREADING??? its because your POPING IT. the liquid in your pimples some times have viruses in them. it will cause to make more pimples once they get on your good skin.......DON'T POP.
If you are limited to over-the-counter acne products, benz. peroxide works for some people but not for everyone and not generally for people who have severe acne.





Pro-Activ, the acne product endorsed by Jessica Simpson, supposedly has a pretty good track record when used according to the three-step process which is included in the kit:


1) cleanse/exfoliate


2) tone


3) treat, using a Benzoyl-peroxide-based lotion.


And, no, benzoyl peroxide doesn't bleach your skin. You are thinking of hydrogen peroxide, the kind of stuff used by 13-year old girls to bleach their hair.





Here is another acne medication - a lotion or cream - that my son used when he was going through a bad acne stage at age 14; however, it is prescription only. It is called, ';Benziclin,'; and it worked wonders for his skin in only a matter of days. I would almost swear by this acne preparation, however, I realize that not all acne products work the same on everyone.





Just a thought: If you have bangs or hair worn over the forehead, try pushing them off your face as often as possible. The lack of air circulating over that part of your face could be contributing to the acne breakouts.





Good luck. The great news is that usually acne is treatable and does not last forever.
dude, proactiv, is what you need. it works...trust me.
just use over the counter acne medications like neutrogena and clearasil. They both work. But if it's not working you should consult a dermatologist before it spreads everywhere. I should tell you that dermatologist makes you go to the extreme. I mean I went to a dermatologist and now i'm taking birth control pills, another acne pill, and 2 different topical gels. I have been taking them for almost 5 months and haven't seen much difference.
If you already have very dry and sensitive skin then do not use peroxide! it pretty much burns your skin and will make all of your acne look worse and they look dry and scabbed so don't do it.
It does not bleach your skin but it does your pillow sheets! Anyway I use both Retin-a and benzoyl peroxide. You can wax with benzoyl peroxide but you might experience some redness because I waxed.





I use a product called duac that works well but its a perscription with BP.





As for sensitive skin you should first use it every other night and work up to every night. Make sure to use a non oily lotion in the morning like Cetaphil. What I do to completely avoid dryness (and I use both BP and Retin-A every other night) is I bought a little steamer...you can get one off ebay and when my skin feels try I steam my face for 5-10 minutes and the dry skin peels off.
for acne and some dry skin zinc supplements. and you could see your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans