Saturday, December 5, 2009

Is it bad to use benzoyl peroxide at the same time with salicylic acid?

I use a benzoyl peroxide face wash then a benzoyl peroxide spot treatment and as these dry out my face, I use a salicylic acid moisturizer. Is this a bad idea? Should I only be using one at a time?Is it bad to use benzoyl peroxide at the same time with salicylic acid?
Idk about you, but I use both. I use a face wash that contains salicylic acid and an acne gel that contains benzoyl peroxide. My skin is fine, but you should ask a skin doctor (either an esthetician or a dermatologist) about it.Is it bad to use benzoyl peroxide at the same time with salicylic acid?
The salicylic acid in your moisturizer will do nothing but irritate your skin further. As popular as salicylic acid is in acne products, it really doesn't have any effects other than irritation. Saliclyic acid really only works when used in high concentrations and is in contact with the skin for longer periods of times. So, peels containing this active ingredient can be effective, but most other products containing it are not helpful in treating acne. I would suggest that you get a new moisturizer. During the day, you should use something with SPF because benzoyl peroxide can make you more prone to sunburn. A good one to use is Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion with SPF 30. At night, you should use something with no active ingredient to avoid irritation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans