Thursday, June 24, 2010

Which is better, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide?

Which works better for your acne. I just get a few zits every now and again, but I want a daily regimen to follow.Which is better, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide?
use both - they do different things.





salicylic acid is a chemical exfoliant, so it gets rid of dead skin cells that could potentially clog your pores down the line





benzoyl peroxide kills the bacteria that's related to acne





you have to start slow with both solutions and let your skin get used to them.Which is better, salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide?
salicylic acid
I'm way past puberty too, but still get those occasional breakouts. I use both, I wash my face with Neutrogena Acne Facial Wash, then follow it with a little Clearasil. Works great!
benzol works way better but it dries out your skin and after a while it stops working but then again it depends on how bad your acne is.
I prefer salicylic acid.
salicylic acid for sure
the best on the market is proactive and it uses benzoyl peroxide. Most acne meds use this what the difference is how much ( how concentrated) the benzoyl peroxide is. the proactive is pretty strong but it works. My son uses it and I tried it but can not use it every day because it is too strong for my skin.
Both are good. Salicylic Acid is best for clearing or preventing dark marks caused by acne. It is also safe to use if you're out in the sun (though you should always use sunscreen.)





Benzoyl Peroxide is an excellent acne treatment as well. However, you should NEVER use it when you are exposed to the sun. Not even with a sunscreen. It should be used when you are indoors - best as a night treatment.





Both can be drying, so I would suggest using Salicylic Acid during the day and Benzoyl Peroxide in the evenings.





And repeat after me: ALWAYS USE A SUNSCREEN.





Good luck!
Salicylic acid. Peroxide is a bleaching agent.
their both good, but salicylic helps to get rid of the pimple more. benzoyl tends to really dry the skin out and can make the pimple worse sometimes. they both dry out your skin a bit though so have a moisturizer on hand
salicylic acid, but only in very small amounts, dont put too concentrated of a solution of it on your face.
my sister went to modeling school and they told her to use hyrogen peroxide it dryes it out but i like to use tooth past not the gel the paste rub it on you probel area before you go to sleep and you can see its almost gone in te mornig and might be abel to pop it maybe
I prefer salicylic acid.


It's better for sensitive skin because benzoyl perioxide tends to dry out my skin %26amp; turn it red.


Clearisil has benzoyl peroxide %26amp; I think Im allergic to that cleanser since it makes me break out.
I've tried using both, but benzoyl peroxide works better for me. =)
Salicylic acid is really rough on your skin so if it is just for a few zits everyday I would go with the benzoyl peroxide which is also harsh, but not as bad. But personally I just use a face wash for acne everyday and do not use either of the two products, the face wash helps prevent the few zits. And then if one does pop up thats when you should use the salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
don't use either. use a bar of dove or olay soap, and a moisturizer, your skin needs moisture to clean itself. you'll get acne regardless it's part of puberty.
kokokokol
  • GY6 scooter parts
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    military loans