Thursday, June 24, 2010

Could I be allergic to benzoyl peroxide?

I've been using Neutrogena on the spot acne treatment and at first it seems to clear up the acne, but around the third day or so my face starts to itch really bad. Do you think I'm just sensitive to it or allergic?Could I be allergic to benzoyl peroxide?
Absolutely. This allergy is pretty common. Do you have some hydrocortisone cream? It's anti-itch cream. Take some of that cream and dilute it with water, and apply it to any irritation you have from the benzoyl peroxide.





Obviously you should probably stop using products containing benzoyl peroxide. You may want to try products containing salicylic acid instead.Could I be allergic to benzoyl peroxide?
I think that you are just sensitive to it, because if you are allergic your face would get itchy on the first day you did it. I think you should stop using it, and only use it when you get sudden breakouts, also try putting on some moisturizer for the itching.
It is NOT an allergic reaction. Benzoyl peroxide is very drying on the skin, that is what is causing the skin to itch. My sons' dermatologist recommended Spectro Gel cleanser or cetaphil as it is non drying and can be used daily.


If you must use spot treatment use it every 3 days.
could be an allergic reaction.





from personal use, i would not recommend any neutrogena products because they did not work for me. try Clearasil daily face wash, its great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans